Healing on a Druid...SHIELD...fml

My druid is now 71.  I'd like to get her to 80 in the next few weeks...but...no internet is kinda making that impossible.  Her dps is close to 1k now.  I suppose that's where it should be.  I just got kitty swipe and I haven't been able to try that out but til 71 I was irritated because I had no AoE.  It was a strange feeling.

Also, thought I'd share something amusing.  I don't know about other servers but there are a ton of crappy DK "tanks" on my server.  They all think that they can tank in their dps gear.  Frost presence makes me a great tank, right?  WRONG.  First of all, I've pulled aggro off of some of them...for casting a HoT.  (This was the tank not using Death and Decay on an AoE pull.)  Second, I don't have Nourish yet so I don't have a spammable heal.  And third, I don't have my comfort zone.  The beautiful, healthy shield.  I've attempted to cast my shield so many times I've lost count.  I've healed paladins and warriors successfully.  But both fail groups (since NR) have been DK tanks.  After that I'm begging to heal something else, so I can renew my faith in my druid healing.  Does anybody else see this happening?  Crappy DK tanks from 70-80?

One group that was especially annoying was a PuG UK.  Just a reg UK.  I was level 70 and they asked me to heal.  So I agreed.  I stepped into the instance, switched specs, helped the mage summon a table and opened my bags to switch my gear (my equipment manager hates life).  The tank had already pulled.  So there I was, attempting to keep him up with no healing gear and no mana.  The tank went down, as did the rogue and ret pally.  The mage and I managed to run out.  After running back in and rezzing the lazy ass pugs, I switched my gear and sat down to get mana.  The ret pally and DK tank then proceeded to get on my ass about not healing the tank.  I explained to them very calmly that I hadn't switched gear, as my main spec was kitty, and that I hadn't sat down to drink.  They quieted for a moment.
We cleared a few trash pulls, made it through the first boss somehow and got to the hallway with all the little ghouls and geists.  The tank pulled a large group and did not drop Death and Decay.  As soon as he started taking damage, I started my rolling hot "rotation" if you can call it that and pulled aggro with the first hot.  Needless to say, I died.  And yes, I did cast the Barkskin or wtf ever it's called.  So I sit for a second, waiting for the paladin to toss me a rez as it would be faster than me running back.  The paladin says "run back dude".  "It'd be faster for you to rez me," I reply.  "I didn't do the quest," the paladin says.  What?  Level 70 and you can't rez?  Are you shitting me?  At this point, I sigh quite heavily and start the long trek back.
I get back in, go into tree form, drink up and realize that the tank is already pulling several large groups.  Squishy DK tank in dps gear pulling several large trash groups.  I pop my cooldowns and try to save his ass.  The paladin begins to pull aggro and take heavy damage.  I cast a few hots on him and have to switch back to the tank rather quickly.  I'm spamming WG the best I can.  The paladin goes down and the tank follows, as I have to start healing myself from the aggro I'm pulling.  We wipe and I release and start contemplating whether or not I'm going to stay.
"Dude, learn how to heal," says the paladin.  At this point, I'm fed up.
"My main is one of the best healers on this server," I bristled, "do not presume that you know how to heal better than I do.  It may be a different class, but it's the same basic concept.  And I know how to spot fail tanks.  You, sir, have found one."  I normally never act like that and I'm ashamed to say that I did.  But this pug deserved me looking down my nose at them.
"Who's your main?" the tank sneers.  Eager to prove my point and make these retarded pugs realize who they're dealing with, I tell him.  Party chat is quiet for a moment.
"Ha!  Best healer on the server my ass!  Not in that gear and that guild!" he says.  I'm taken back.  Who on earth did he look up?
"Elitist?  In ToC25 and ToGC25 gear?  On ToGC25 Anub?  You're either retarded or in denial.  Either way, I'm done with this pug and done with both of you."  The tank doesn't say another word.  The paladin continues to tell me how fail I am.  I drop group.  The paladin whispers me so I put him on ignore.  And then the retarded tank for good measure.  About ten minutes later, as I'm sitting in Dalaran relating the story to my significant other, the rogue whispers me.  "Bad tanks are easy to find.  :)  Good luck in your next group."


I'd like to be able to do some raids as kitty dps just for funsies when I don't feel like playing a caster.  My priest will always be my main, but being a kitty is fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment