ToGC25 - Twin Val'kyrs DOWN!

Damn good job Elitist! We wiped to the dark shield (again) the very first attempt so the guild leader announced over vent "I personally don't think the idea Nym had is an exploit. What do you guys think?" I sat quietly waiting, hoping they would take my advice. A few people were adamant we should do it the "right" way. But most of the raiders challenged these with "what is the right way for any specific boss?" Finally the argument "it's either this or we rely on luck" won. They decided to take my advice.

Right before every single ability, they switched to the one who would be casting the heal (inside the shield) and started spamming interrupts. When the dark shield appeared, the heal had already been interrupted. We downed them in one attempt.

To me it seems so easy. So easy that it must be an exploit. But without the exploit, we have to rely on luck. And if luck isn't with us...ugh.


Moving on, we didn't have enough well geared tanks to attempt Anub. Our main tank is with his family due to a death in the family and another was out enjoying a football game with his wife. So we called the raid early and on a good note! :D


I almost forgot to mention which strategy we used for Twin Valks! We did the door strat because we are very melee heavy and our healers are our strongest point. Everyone went dark, except for one tank and one soaker. Our soaker kept us alive and we only got maybe one or two of the light orbs (which we could easily heal through).

We just dpsed the light shield, but every time DBM warned of a special ability dps began spamming interrupts until they were sure it wasn't the dark shield. We healed through Light Vortex (which isn't easy as a priest mind you) and both the holy priests and I cast our CDs on ourselves right before it went off so we could stay alive to heal. My rotation for Light Vortex went Pain Suppression (myself), Inner Focus+Divine Hymn macro, Desperate Prayer (or Healthstone) and a Prayer of Healing to get us back up to full. It helped that all of the dps used their CDs and healthstones during the vortex. And the two holy paladins used their Divine Sac+Shield+Aura Mastery to keep us alive.

With that strategy, it was easy as pie. I'm starting to think it's not an exploit and here's why: guilds have been doing it that way for several weeks now. If it was an exploit, it would have been changed in a hot fix already. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it!


Random Tidbit:
Perhaps I will post a picture of my new tiny nerdcave if I can get one off my phone. It's such a precious little apartment for such a good price!

0 comments:

Post a Comment