Miss Medicina's Healing Questionaire!

What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Nymarie, Discipline priest

What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
25 man raids usually, some 10 man raids just for funsies

What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
Penance, I mean come on, who doesn't love Penance?

What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Renew-it's crap for Discipline

What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
Lol the same strength that Miss Medicina gave! The versatility! I can be a tank healer or a raid healer or just fill in the gaps.

What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
No real throughput. When Penance is down, I can't really compete with a holy pally.

In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
The best assignment for me is as the support healer. Healing both tanks and raid so that I can get all my best spells out there and be the most useful.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
Resto shammy. One of the coolest healers around. Pretty versatile and fun to heal with. And Chain Heal makes a neat sound when it goes off.

What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Another Discipline priest. It sucks when you go to bubble somebody and see they already have the Weakened Soul debuff.

What is your worst habit as a healer?
Deviating from my healing assignment. My target usually doesn't ever die when I do this, but I do tend to be bad at throwing shields around the raid while tank healing.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
When people yell "HEAL ME" over vent unless it's a tank saying "I'm picking up such and such mob, heal me." Or when people say "I didn't get heals" when asked why they died to fire...

Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
At the moment, not quite. I think Discipline is good yes. But I think they focused too hard on making Discipline so versatile that we no longer excel at either tank or raid healing like other healers do.

What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
Did the tanks die? No? Good. Every once in a while, I'll pull out a Dispel meter, but healing meters (even those who attempt to measure absorbs) suck.

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
Hmm...there are a few. First and foremost is the one that's the most annoying: that's a PvP spec! No...no it's not. The next one is "Discipline is only for tank healing." Not anymore.

What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn? A few things, especially if they've healed before. First, it takes a while to adjust to the fact that your spec is based on absorbs not throughput. And I see Discipline priests stacking spirit instead of int, because everybody knows that pallies and shammies use mp5 for regen and druids and priests use spirit right? Not quite...new Disc priests do not realize that they will get more regen and benefit from Intellect. But they learn.

If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Very low overhealing, sometimes below the spriest and ret pallies. Average throughput and heavy absorbs. And lots of dispels. I am the DISPELLING MASTA!

Haste or Crit and why?
Both! They're both so beneficial that I can't choose just one!

What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Holy pallies. The only healer class I haven't played before.

What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
xPerl for raid frames and Healbot for shielding or healing dps. I still prefer keybinds to hard core macros.

Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
I like a balance, but the stats I tend to balance are spell power, intellect and crit. Usually in that order.


Well there it is! I meant to post last night but I got busy.

Hey guess what healers! Nym turns 21 today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment