Mmm Blizz Fail Tastes Delicious...

So we went into normal ToC last night on 25 man and the server lagged as soon as we started the first fight. In phase 2, half the dps were dead because the tanks were having trouble taunting and the healers were taking five min to get off a 2 sec cast. We managed not to wipe but we almost hit the enrage timer because the dps were dead. One person got charged because he was disconnected. I know at least five people disconnected on some point of that fight. It was bad.
The lag was clearing up when we started Jaraxxus but then it hit again. Just a little but enough to make the fight more difficult. We survived that one with only two deaths.
Faction champions went pretty smooth. The same idiot warlock that dies in fire every time we do any boss with fire bitched about getting heals again but whatev. He's muted on vent now so I just ignore his chattering in raid chat. I think most of the healers just let him die now. Maybe he'll eventually figure out that fire hurts.
The leaders wanted to try a new strategy on the Twin Valkyrie so we said why the hell not? It's normal right? It was a weird strategy and we won't be doing it again. I spent the entire fight dead, but that might have been because I was super pissed at the druid who took the ONLY cloth healing boots in ToC. I would have been perfectly happy if they went to a cloth dps, but a druid? No. There's an unspoken rule that you don't roll on cloth healing gear unless the only two priests in the guild don't need it if you're a druid. But why am I surprised? This druid believes the world revolves around him. Which I'm inclined to believe is a resto druid thing, but the other two resto druids seem less "the world revolves around me". Maybe it's just the two resto druids I've had the most contact with.
Whatever, anyway, after calming down from my nerd rage, we killed Anub'rehkan on the second try. Why not the first? Because I was on the main tank and my friends in our private channel were trying to cheer me up. They showed me a text from that site texts from last night and I died laughing...well the tank died while I was laughing. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was something like this: "I bought alcohol with a fake ID earlier while wearing my badge from work. They have different names on them. God I love my boobs." Seriously, best text ever.
Afterwards, we went to VoA25 and killed Coralon and I was displeased because the priest who already had two trophies got the priesty piece that dropped with no dkp cost. It was the gloves I already had. My bad luck just increases. He outgears me now, but I like him, so I can't really complain. Right before we went into heroic ToC I bit the bullet and bought the stupid Tier 9 10man shoulders. That 2 set bonus is just so much healing for melee and so much less annoying that the Tier 8 4 set bonus. So WOOT I'm wearing Tier 9.5 gloves and Tier 9 shoulders and I have to say, I look pretty damn sexy.
We only had about 45 min to work on hard mode NB but we cleaned up phase 1 quite a bit and started figuring out phase 2. It is WAY more difficult than it is in 10man. My 2 set bonus went a long way too. My PoM kept some of the melee up I'm pretty sure. So we just need to spread people out more on phase 2 and get all the dps and heals avoiding the fires on phase 1. Healing assignments were a little awkward too. We decided that all the healers are going to meet on vent on Thursday afternoon to discuss how we should heal hard mode NB.
Thursday night we pick up with hard mode ToC again. I hope it's a little more organized this time. Tonight is ToC 10 mans. Hopefully we'll get the next two and possibly the next three bosses in hard mode down! I'll post tomorrow about how the raid went tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment