Come on, Cataclysm.

One thing I'm seriously ready for is the 10/25 shared lockout and gear.
I was told yesterday that I'm a lazy ass casual who doesn't care about their gear because I prefer not to tank 25 mans.  I'm not sure how the latter makes me the former.  I simply don't like tanking 25 mans.  Even if I did, my guild doesn't run an alt 25 man and I hate pugging...

But, when I was asking about 264 off set pieces vs. 251 Tier 10 for Death Knight tanking, I was told it didn't matter because I obviously don't care enough to gear my character "correctly" or "the best way possible".

My favorite thing to do on my Death Knight is tank ICC 10.  I think it's fun.  I can run with a ton of friends on their alts and have a good time, but I still want to be the best I can be for them.

But yesterday, I was completely disgusted by this prick of a 25 man raider calling anybody who doesn't do 25 mans "lazy" and "uncaring" when it comes to their character.

"25 mans aren't that hard to do or get in to."  I never said they were.  I said I don't enjoy tanking them or pugging them.

People need to realize that just because they enjoy the game a certain way doesn't mean other people do too.

3 comments:

Nymarie said...

I know this is a subject that bothers you as well. I haven't run across it as often as you have, but when I did, I was still surprised by the player's arrogance and ignorance.

Sinespe said...

It's taken a long time, but Blizzard is finally ramming down people's throats that overcoming the logistical difficulties of recruiting more people is not on its own sufficient grounds for getting higher quality loot. It has no bearing on the difficulty of the fights themselves, so the rewards for those fights should have nothing to do with the difficulty in assembling the group.

TotalBiscuit said it best: If you're just raiding 25-mans for the sake of getting better quality loot, rather than actually enjoying it, Cataclysm will be the huge wake-up call that tells you that you're doing it wrong.

Post a Comment