Not so Invisible Fire

I got to run with my new guild last night. It was a lot of fun. It was interesting to be the one learning instead of teaching. They were serious but fun. Marrowgar I got my first glimpse of the officers and how they work. I was just doing my thing like normal. Healing and avoiding things. On Lady Deathwhisper, the first phase went well. Second phase came along with the ghosts. I skirted along the outside of the semi circle, bubbling and trying not to clump up. Everywhere I went, ghosts spawned. I was trying desperately to survive. Looking like a tard in my first raid with a new guild was the last thing I needed. Finally I had a small break and was able to cast a few heals. At that exact moment, two ghosts spawned within 5 yards of me. One on either side. I watched helplessly as the two exploded almost simultaneously. My finger flew to my desperate prayer keybind and I was rewarded with “You can’t do that while dead.” Awesome.

“Goodbye new girl.” Several laughs.
As I lay there chewing on the floor, I realized two things. One, that when Lady Deathwhisper wants someone dead, she makes certain that it is accomplished. Too bad she was too fixated on making me look stupid to notice the raid kicking her ass. Two, that this guild didn’t know me well enough to know that me dying is a once in a blue moon thing.
“Goodbye new girl.”
Nymarie: -_-
I sheepishly accepted my rez and turned to talk to my friend who had come over to watch me in the new guild.
“I don’t die.”
“I know.”
“No you don’t understand. Nymarie doesn’t die.
“Relax. Stop being so focused on making a good impression and just heal.”
I bit back a retort and turned back to the computer.

At the end of the first wing, I was asked to step out for a core healer so they could get Putricide. While speaking to the guild leader and one of the officers, I realized that my death hadn’t made a big impression. One of the officers assured me that I would get to see the second wing with them.


“Goodbye new girl.”

Yeah right. Looks like I’m here to stay.

1 comments:

Mia said...

hope it all goes well for you :D

Post a Comment